The little finger puppets from my book are becoming quite the rock stars — complete with a world tour.
In the past week they've been to:
• Manhattan, NYC, where they met up with Alicia Kachmar's Safety Cones for an urban photoshoot (see the full shoot on Flickr).
• Soho, for an interview at Purl Patchwork, where Kata Golda will be teaching a workshop on October 21, 2009 (to register, call 212-420-8798).
• Seattle, Washington for a some craft-planning with Wise Craft. Perhaps the "Holds Everything Bucket" will be her next DIY project?
• Austin, Texas, where Kata Golda's Hand-stitched Felt got a "paws up" book review from Etienne Lepine in The Statesman.
• Wellesley, Massachusetts, to show artist Abby Glassenberg of While She Naps how to make her own felt journal.
Where will their next appearance be? Looks like it's back to NYC for some demos and workshops:
• October 19, 2009 | Craft Night at Etsy Labs
Sign up to attend in person, or watch the live demo online (5pm EST / 2p.m. PST).
Fall is in the air! This evening we will be autumn-inspired felt projects with Kata Golda, artist and craft book author. Drop in anytime between 4-8pm to craft with us. Instructions are given throughout the night as participants arrive. So don't worry, if you swing by after work at 6, for example, you won't be missing out on the demo.
Or stop by for our weekly Craft Night in our online, interactive classroom, the Virtual Labs, for a live demo via webcam at 5 p.m. ET.
• October 21, 2009 | Purl Patchwork
Kata Golda will explain her unique hand-stitching techniques and will walk students through making a tool pouch and finger puppet from her new book Kata Golda's Hand-stitched Felt. No sewing experience is required! The class fee is $45.00 and students can purchase a materials kit for the class which includes everything you need for the projects including her book for an additional $35. To sign up, call the store at 212-420-8798.
By then, it might be time for these guys to take a little nap before they head out on the road again (look for them in Portland, Oregon, in early January 2010).
~ Kata Golda
Would you like a free copy of Kata Golda's Hand-stitched Felt?
Visit STC Craft's blog and watch the video they made using my felt mouse finger puppets. When it's done, post a comment you'll be entered to win a copy of my craft book. One winner will be chosen at random; contest ends October 30, 2009.
Do you have a comment you'd like to share?
Click on the title of this post. The comments field will appear at the bottom of the page.